We're looking for the best and brightest.
We are seeking an experienced Microbiologist for our Fermentation plant in Columbus GA, where we manufacture products for the health and nutrition, as well as the oil and gas industries. The diversity of the processes and materials at the site provides an energetic and dynamic work environment. The Microbiologist will be responsible for supporting research, process development as well as production processes.
Competitive pay and benefits will be provided.
A Partial List of Responsibilities is Below:
- Expertise in lab scale and pilot scale microbial fermentation processes
- Experience with a variety of organisms involved with industrial fermentation processes
- Lead lab scale scientific research to support microbial manufacturing.
- Expertise in analytical tools associated with microbial manufacturing
- Collaborate in the development of new processes, assist with plant design, and modify existing upstream fermentation and downstream manufacturing technologies.
- Understand manufacturing processes associated with industrial fermentation involving bacteria and fungus.
- Productively work with an integrated and diverse group of scientists and engineers
- Assist in the continuous improvement and productivity of unit operations.
- Work with other departments to resolve various plant related issues.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Microbiology.
- 10+ years of experience in a microbial manufacturing environment.
- Prior work experience should include the operation and knowledge of lab scale fermentation, manufacturing fermentation processes and downstream unit operations.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Data analysis and knowledge generation tools.
- Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulatory requirements would be a plus, as well as regulatory implementation for use in food manufacturing.